I signed up with SMC online and received my kit in 7-10 business days.Within 2 weeks, they had debited my account another $29.95 for a website without any personal authorization whatsoever.

After recognizing this fact, I immediately canceled my membership within the 30 day period and hopefully will get my entire refund. I researched their website and found out that you are paying 60% of cost vs. 30% of cost as per what other members were saying. This may have been true years ago, but not today.

A lot of items are either sold out or unavailable. This is typical telemarketing scheme within the internet arena. I was given a personal phone number in case I had any problems, but my phone call was never returned.

If I do not get my refund entirely, I will report them to the FTC and the BBB.Thank you for listening.

Had an Experience with SMC?

Comments

http://urlm.co/www.smcorp.com go to this site it will lead you here https://www.smartlivingcompany.com

ITS PRETTY BAD THAT WE TRUSTED THIS COMPANY THEY ARE SPENDING OUR MONIE ON A PACIFIC ISLAND. I WILL NEVER INVEST AGAIN 6.000 DOESN'T SEEM LIKE MUCH BUT IT IS WHEN NOW IM SICK AND DISGUSTED AND WE CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING THEY WERE SLIPPERY I LOVED THE CANDLES AND OTHER ITEMS, CAN'T TRUST NO ONE *** THEM FOR DOING THIS TO US ALL. SAD IN NY

RICHFIELD SPRINGS :cry :(

Cobble Hill, British Columbia, Canada #741572

I paid $750.000 US.for a Life Time Membership, Back in 2010 and Never got my money back...And Now..

Even if I wanted to try and make any money.. Seems the website is not up and run..Changed there Name?? Who Knows! I still have the Catalog's from 2010...

Not like they can do me any good..

And I don't even know my Membership number...No Happy!:eek

I am a member but can not get the website to come up to order anything. I thought they went out of business

:eek

what i have to be send out with this company was place on hold ,cause the company maybe false on the orders that they havein the warehouses to sale now where did all the things go now over seaes to other people.

Been a member for over 15 years and been going thru chemo and such I guess during their "change"?? now they tell me i'm too late to renew and want to charge me more than double the fees I was paying.

Good that i'm kicked out I guess, eh?

I understand things have gone downhill?

:) I have been very happy working with them

#551970

SMC does not exist anymore!!! wake up ppl - here is info for 'new' company they became Smart Living Corp

1800 448 0383

i believe same address in CA etc - revamped the whole membership price/payments - website doesnt explain anything, ya have to call cust service aka Sales - means i lost my $4000 website i got end of 2008 - took 2mos to get activated - now membership comes with website I BELIEVE - and yes the profit margin is now reversed from SMC plan before -

VERY DISAPPOINTED bec i really like the products and sales - now i'm retired i could really do something with it lol -

I quit buying from them years ago.Back in the mid to late 1990's I sold ALOT of their good.

Like others have said they dropped all the below $20.00 stuff and it killed my business.

I sold tons of the minature animals, thimbles & teasets, wooden ships dollhouse sets, etc.Oh and the patchwork stuff...I miss the good old days.

I have been an SMC member for 27 yrs. Things were A LOT BETTER "back then." They had hundreds of items that "retailed" for under $20 and they were VERY easy to sell at or even ABOVE catalog price. I ordered dozens of individual items because I knew I could sell out in one weekend. I couldn't get things shipped fast enough for the next weeks flea market. UPS used to drop off at least a dozen huge boxes of SMC shipments on my door step EVERY week. This was constant for at least 8 to 10 years.

Now it seems that they want to "try" to pawn off onto us, the *** that some "high-end" store could not sell. Seems like all the "easy to sell" stuff is gone forever. My membership dues are late because I'm contemplating ending my relationship with them. When I joined it cost $259.95 and $14.95 a year renewal and that's exactly how it was written. It did NOT mention anything about future increases in renewal fees. When I questioned them about it I was fed a bunch of typical BS.

EVERYTHING in their catalog now is OVER PRICED and I would be lucky to be able to get 75 to 80% of the catalog price. So what does that leave me after shipping (which is sky-high)? Not much. I live on the east coast and shipping typically runs about 31% of my order.

I have asked them several times about bringing back several items (by item number and description) that I used to sell a lot of and their response is ALWAYS, "It will be forwarded to the proper department." What a...

Yes... EVERYTHING has changed for the worse with this company. I believe the "higher ups" want more $$$$ at the members expense and from the employees of SMC...