SMCORP.COM

22 of 37 Smc Reviews
Nov 04, 2009
review #161042

I signed up with SMC online and received my kit in 7-10 business days.Within 2 weeks, they had debited my account another $29.95 for a website without any personal authorization whatsoever.

After recognizing this fact, I immediately canceled my membership within the 30 day period and hopefully will get my entire refund. I researched their website and found out that you are paying 60% of cost vs. 30% of cost as per what other members were saying. This may have been true years ago, but not today.

A lot of items are either sold out or unavailable. This is typical telemarketing scheme within the internet arena. I was given a personal phone number in case I had any problems, but my phone call was never returned.

If I do not get my refund entirely, I will report them to the FTC and the BBB.Thank you for listening.

64c8436
1.9
Had an experience with SMC?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Jul 20

http://urlm.co/www.smcorp.com go to this site it will lead you here https://www.smartlivingcompany.com

SAD IN NY

Nov 23, 2013

ITS PRETTY BAD THAT WE TRUSTED THIS COMPANY THEY ARE SPENDING OUR MONIE ON A PACIFIC ISLAND. I WILL NEVER INVEST AGAIN 6.000 DOESN'T SEEM LIKE MUCH BUT IT IS WHEN NOW IM SICK AND DISGUSTED AND WE CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING THEY WERE SLIPPERY I LOVED THE CANDLES AND OTHER ITEMS, CAN'T TRUST NO ONE *** THEM FOR DOING THIS TO US ALL. SAD IN NY
RICHFIELD SPRINGS :cry :(

Sunnyside

Nov 12, 2013 Cobble Hill, British Columbia

I paid $750.000 US. for a Life Time Membership, Back in 2010 and Never got my money back...And Now.. Even if I wanted to try and make any money.. Seems the website is not up and run..Changed there Name?? Who Knows! I still have the Catalog's from 2010... Not like they can do me any good.. And I don't even know my Membership number...No Happy! :eek

scakilaki

Oct 06, 2013

I am a member but can not get the website to come up to order anything. I thought they went out of business
:eek

michael green

Nov 23, 2012

what i have to be send out with this company was place on hold ,cause the company maybe false on the orders that they havein the warehouses to sale now where did all the things go now over seaes to other people.

what jerks

Oct 18, 2012

Been a member for over 15 years and been going thru chemo and such I guess during their "change"?? now they tell me i'm too late to renew and want to charge me more than double the fees I was paying.

Good that i'm kicked out I guess, eh?

I understand things have gone downhill?

MS.DRAMAMAMMA@YAHOO.COM

Oct 10, 2012

:) I have been very happy working with them

susan in WA

Oct 07, 2012

SMC does not exist anymore!!! wake up ppl - here is info for 'new' company they became Smart Living Corp
1800 448 0383
i believe same address in CA etc - revamped the whole membership price/payments - website doesnt explain anything, ya have to call cust service aka Sales - means i lost my $4000 website i got end of 2008 - took 2mos to get activated - now membership comes with website I BELIEVE - and yes the profit margin is now reversed from SMC plan before -
VERY DISAPPOINTED bec i really like the products and sales - now i'm retired i could really do something with it lol -

Tom Parks

Jul 19, 2012

I quit buying from them years ago. Back in the mid to late 1990's I sold ALOT of their good. Like others have said they dropped all the below $20.00 stuff and it killed my business. I sold tons of the minature animals, thimbles & teasets, wooden ships dollhouse sets, etc. Oh and the patchwork stuff...I miss the good old days.

Anon

Jul 06, 2012

I have been an SMC member for 27 yrs. Things were A LOT BETTER "back then." They had hundreds of items that "retailed" for under $20 and they were VERY easy to sell at or even ABOVE catalog price. I ordered dozens of individual items because I knew I could sell out in one weekend. I couldn't get things shipped fast enough for the next weeks flea market. UPS used to drop off at least a dozen huge boxes of SMC shipments on my door step EVERY week. This was constant for at least 8 to 10 years.
Now it seems that they want to "try" to pawn off onto us, the *** that some "high-end" store could not sell. Seems like all the "easy to sell" stuff is gone forever. My membership dues are late because I'm contemplating ending my relationship with them. When I joined it cost $259.95 and $14.95 a year renewal and that's exactly how it was written. It did NOT mention anything about future increases in renewal fees. When I questioned them about it I was fed a bunch of typical BS.
EVERYTHING in their catalog now is OVER PRICED and I would be lucky to be able to get 75 to 80% of the catalog price. So what does that leave me after shipping (which is sky-high)? Not much. I live on the east coast and shipping typically runs about 31% of my order.
I have asked them several times about bringing back several items (by item number and description) that I used to sell a lot of and their response is ALWAYS, "It will be forwarded to the proper department." What a bunch
... Show more

Sukayna Nathani

Jun 27, 2012

Hi,
I am a member for the last ten years, but did not sell any thing.
I do not know where to go and sell, and some of their items, like the pots I ordered, were not non stick, and, my frying pan burnt in one week.
I cannot cancel because I have already paid 350 bucks, and, if I make a 5 grand purchase, I will get my 350 back, I do not know if I am doing the right thing, considering that I have to pay 49 dollars every year.
But, one thing, I do order for my self and there are some items that are really good, for example, if I buy a baker's rake from another catalog, it is costing me 259 dollars but from my site, it is only 59 dollars plus shipping, so, that is good. I also ordered the stock pots, and, they were good price,so,I guess then it is working out fine.
They have very beautiful oil warmers too.
The only problem is that I cannot get their site, smcorp on my computers, I do not know why,I want to order a lot of items. Pls. help me there.

Sukayna Nathani

Jun 27, 2012

Hi,
I am a member for the last ten years, but did not sell any thing.
They have very beautiful oil warmers too.

Jurajinon

Apr 30, 2013 Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania

the smcorp.com site is up and running, I went to it tonight at 2:00am (couldn't sleep). I tried my account no. but it didn't work. I have lapsed my membership but will be calling them tomorrow. From what I've read people are getting ripped off by them. but I was buying from them, and going on line to other sites and seeing what people where getting for the same items they sell. I was shocked that SMC was so much cheaper. I don't know how the new company runs, but am hoping to make it at local flee markets till I can save enough money to open a little store and perhaps grow from there. I really need to hurry though, I've messed around for years and now I'm 49 and have nothing to show for it. I was pretty ***, but it there is still a potential to make an acceptable profit then it is worth a try because like you said, they do have some very nice products and I have many in my home. Thanks for reading. ,)

T. Ivey

Jun 13, 2012

My site has also been down for at least 10 days. Same for eMerchantclub.com and SMCorp.com, although I have been receiving orders and payment during this period. Trouble is, I don't know what has been ordered, so I cannot fulfill them. I have been able to call them at 1-800-877-7621 but have not been able to talk with anyone that can help me.

Jay

Jun 12, 2012

I have been a member over 10 years, the member
site smcorp.com is not working been little over a month since i logged in whats going
on
I have mostly been a happy customer and made
money with them.
With the economy and rising prices though
and the changes in there merchandise lines
the smc side of my business has suffered.
Had to pay the membership fee renewel last
year for the first time, and lost my super
seller status
Now I was thinking of placing an order and
the website has disapeered
My renewel will be due in a month or 2 but
I will have to think long and hard about
renewing at 49.00 this year

Cmeyer

May 31, 2012

I'm super happy with all the comments I've read. I was thinking of getting into SMC, but was super sketchy, but thanks to all the great reviews i think that I've made up my mind. I'll definitely be doing it! Thanks everyone

Victor

May 20, 2012

I notice that smc change their name and website.I am a member been with them almost a year. Now since this change why I can't pull up their website. Now do anyone know where to go to, to find them?

Candy

May 19, 2012

I am trying to find a number to reinstate and I don't have a pone number can anyone get me the number??

Stave

May 19, 2012

We have been with SMC since 2001 and have been very happy with them, Now the Ecommerce web site is another story, since they changed names our web site has been down they claim its server problems, its been over 3 weeks now and our website is still not up and running, I have complained to them many times and have not gotten a call back from them, I am very unhappy with that, but with SMC I am a very happy camper..... :)

Sonia

May 06, 2012

I have been with SMC for 12 yrs and even though I no longer buy like I used to I have never had any issues with them!

Showing 1-20 of 47 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about SMC.
Filing a new complaint about
×