SMC Catalog Items

27 of 39 SMC Reviews

My husband and I have been using SMC to sell merchandise for about 8mo. although they tried to convince us to use their website program. We found it was much cheaper to create our own which we have done. I believe that SMC has wonderful products and some of our customers are very pleased but, the problem that we are facing is that last years items (2008) catalog are either out of stock or discontinued. We went thru the trouble of taking those items off the website only to order and receive the (2009) catalog and found those items still listed for sell. Someone please explain to me how in the world can you advertise items for sell and you know they are out of stock or discontinued? We received the new catalog only to discover that a great amount of items listed for sell don't even exist.

We have had to refund over 500.00 because products are in the catalog for sell but they are discontinued. My husband and I are getting leery of offering anything because of the deception. This type of business dealing puts our character and integrity on the line. Can someone pls. advise us! We enjoy having our own business and making some good money but I don't like being deceived.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
27 of 39 SMC Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
luna 69

Oct 06, 2014 #880789

Im needing the number to this smc i lost all my information . So i cant log in or anything someone pls number is 2109905665. If someone can please text me the number .

Jan 22, 2013 #597242 Winter Park, Florida

Does anyone has a smc catalog or CD that has all the items. I would like to see it before getting involve with smc. My email address is

Oct 09, 2012 #552899

i want to know how to start selling smc can someone please help me out thanks my email address is

Sep 28, 2012 #548179

It is great to hear someone places integrity above all else in business. I can appreciate the preference to utilize drop-shipping rather than pre-order. This significantly controls your costs and reduces your risk of not selecting the right items. In business it is often a good idea to consult an attorney. Talking to an attorney may seem too costly or out of reach. to see what option you have please send me an email with your contact information. Thanks. My email address is

SAndy Dunn

Sep 23, 2012 #545836

SMC has good products. I always got an orrder in pd for it myself then sold it. I always had the product that way if someone wanted it.

May 03, 2012 #475159

also after re reading your comment. i like to order things ahead of time then post them i have and know how many only can go out. with canada we dont have dropshipping but i a shipping calculator that weighs out the canada post charges so i know how much my shipping is before sending it out. with the people that work for me they know what the shipping rates are so the customer pays for shipping and my workers dont even need to touch the product unless they buy it for them selves then i diliver it to them.

1 0 Reply

May 03, 2012 #475154

i used them 7 yrs ago and i am planing to reopen with them in just a matter of days. I did well 7 yrs ago and i have my own website with domain name and it goes up hopefully by next weekend. but i also have 4 people that I have working for me to sell more items. i worked fulltime at 4 different jobs but with what i built i was able to live off the savings for 3 yrs. i closed my store because i had a car accident, but i am joing them this saturday and i believe with more ways to advertise now then 7 yrs ago I will do even better now then i did back then.

how else would you open a store???? need your name out and promote stuff. you want money you work hard to be at the top of success. I am now also looking for people that would love to sell their items on consignment. I am building a small business. I am a stay at hom mommy now and I want to rebuild something that did so well long ago for my son to grow into :)

Mar 09, 2012 #445636

K, just signed up with SMC, going with this in good fate and hope ill be one of the few that will be satisfied. My husband has no idea, just cause he never seems to believe in such and thinks everything is a rip off. I'll need someone with positive experience to coach me on how to make this work.

Jun 14 #994950 Houston, Texas

good for you.

Jan 27, 2012 #417035

:roll I was thinking about signing up with SMC next week. Sounds like a bad idea from what I am hearing.Am I right, i think I should pull the plug before I get started

Jan 08, 2012 #405315

I fell for the smc thing and the emerchant website. I am fighting for a refund now. Anyway, if they work for you great, I have lots of the 10 gift cards and catalogs if anyone is interested. I found something much better to do with my time and money. If you want the gift cards or catalogs for just shipping cost email me at

Dec 30, 2011 #399988

Oct 31, 2011 #366930

I love SMC !! I have not made a hole lot of money but that is up to me. I did not go with there web site I made my own. SMC is what you make out of it. I work all the time trying to find ways to get people to my site and giving my books out. I t works if you work it.

A+ Gifts

Jun 23, 2011 #303868

To Ms. Cindy post posted on may 21, 2010, please send me a email with your contact information if you still like a catalog. Thanks. My email address is

Dec 19, 2010 #226278

I have been with SMC since 1999 and have never had any problems. Everything I order for my customers is always in stock. If you check the SMC website in the products list it will let you know what is and is not in stock. Use your brainsss!!! :roll

Nov 24, 2010 #215037 Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand

A good business,but something is going wrong.We had a school for a fund raiser did good very good and then the out of stocks started coming in.Over 800.00 in refunds.No one at SMC knew anything just reorder.The company seems to be too big and they will not send money back. They can be a really BIG PROBLEM YOU ORDER GOOD FOR THE COMPANY AND THEY WILL LET YOU DOWN.

Nov 22, 2010 #214413

How many things did they have out of stock or discontinued? I just started. I didnt even recieve the kit yet, and I am wondering if I should cancel. It is kind of expensive I know ittakes money to make money but there are some businesses you can start without paying this amount.Was it alot of items or just a few. Was the problem resolved?

Nov 07, 2010 #208626

Does anyone have any alabaster angel status that were in the smc catalogs from the year 2004-2005. Please contact me at:

Thank you.

Sep 13, 2010 #189381

The word to use is sale, not sell as if SMC products really sell; they don't.

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.